Help with Reminders

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by brydawg, Oct 4, 2012.

1. brydawg macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I searched, but didn't find an answer for this...hopefully it's not a duplicate. Anyway, need help with Reminders. I like the location based reminders, but can't figure out if I can set it for 'later'. Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

Set a location reminder alert for me to say, call someone when I leave work for the day. Let's say I set the reminder at 10 AM and want to be reminded when I leave work for the day at 5 PM. But, when I go to lunch at 1 PM, the reminder goes off.

So, is there any way to set up a reminder at 10 AM to alert me using location after say, 4 PM? That way, I don't get the reminder when I go to lunch at 1 PM, but when I leave for the day at 5 PM.

Hopefully that wasn't confusing!

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    I have iPhone 4S updated to iOS 6

-brydawg

2. VeryQueasy macrumors newbie

If there's time constraints why don't you just use it as a regular reminder?

Remind me at 5:10 PM to call so and so?

3. Surrylic macrumors regular

I completely understand what you're saying, but I don't believe there is a way to do that... Just seems to be whichever happens first. Like "notify me when I get home, or by no later than 6pm." Unfortunately I haven't found a way to set it up to work like "notify me when I leave work after 4pm today"

Reminders is great, but it isn't quite detailed enough for that useage.

*edit* One helpful thing is if you don't acknowledge the reminder when you go out for lunch it'll go off again when you leave for the day. I have a reminder that tells me to pay the rent when I get home the 28th of each month.. and if I don't get around to checking that notification off my list it'll tell me again the next time I pull into my apartment complex.

4. brydawg thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for the replies.

VeryQueasy - the reason I don't put a specific time is that I don't always leave work at the same time. I do generally leave around 5:30 PM, but if leave early, then I might not get the notification when I want it. If I stay late, I might dismiss it and forget about it later.

Surrylic - I made a test reminder yesterday that I didn't delete and it did remind me again...that's a possible solution.

I did think of another solution. I take the same route home 99% of the time (going southbound on a particular highway). The usual places I go during lunch are north of this highway and I have no reason to get on this highway at lunch time. So, might just put the location reminder as a mile or so south of the office on that highway. So, I shouldn't be notified until on my way home and not at lunch.

Thanks again to all that replied. Obviously, if anyone else has ideas, please let us know!