Help with Reminders

brydawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hi all,

I searched, but didn't find an answer for this...hopefully it's not a duplicate. Anyway, need help with Reminders. I like the location based reminders, but can't figure out if I can set it for 'later'. Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:

Set a location reminder alert for me to say, call someone when I leave work for the day. Let's say I set the reminder at 10 AM and want to be reminded when I leave work for the day at 5 PM. But, when I go to lunch at 1 PM, the reminder goes off.

So, is there any way to set up a reminder at 10 AM to alert me using location after say, 4 PM? That way, I don't get the reminder when I go to lunch at 1 PM, but when I leave for the day at 5 PM.

Hopefully that wasn't confusing!

Thanks for any help you can provide.
I have iPhone 4S updated to iOS 6

-brydawg

Surrylic

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
I completely understand what you're saying, but I don't believe there is a way to do that... Just seems to be whichever happens first. Like "notify me when I get home, or by no later than 6pm." Unfortunately I haven't found a way to set it up to work like "notify me when I leave work after 4pm today"

Reminders is great, but it isn't quite detailed enough for that useage.

*edit* One helpful thing is if you don't acknowledge the reminder when you go out for lunch it'll go off again when you leave for the day. I have a reminder that tells me to pay the rent when I get home the 28th of each month.. and if I don't get around to checking that notification off my list it'll tell me again the next time I pull into my apartment complex.

brydawg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
thanks

Thanks for the replies.

VeryQueasy - the reason I don't put a specific time is that I don't always leave work at the same time. I do generally leave around 5:30 PM, but if leave early, then I might not get the notification when I want it. If I stay late, I might dismiss it and forget about it later.

Surrylic - I made a test reminder yesterday that I didn't delete and it did remind me again...that's a possible solution.

I did think of another solution. I take the same route home 99% of the time (going southbound on a particular highway). The usual places I go during lunch are north of this highway and I have no reason to get on this highway at lunch time. So, might just put the location reminder as a mile or so south of the office on that highway. So, I shouldn't be notified until on my way home and not at lunch.

Thanks again to all that replied. Obviously, if anyone else has ideas, please let us know!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.