Help with removing Windows & Partition?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 1parkpointer, May 2, 2010.

1. 1parkpointer macrumors newbie

I upgraded Parallels 3.0, to 4.0, then 5.0 for my Windows partition with XP Home. Have had the use of Windows on the iMac during the transition to Apple and its programming, and now am no longer in need the use of any Windows software and am looking at removing all traces and the side of shared files.
    I originally allocated 100GB of space for Windows and would like a safe way to remove everything. I have been slowly eliminating seldom used program software, but am concerned at correct procedures for taking it all off my iMac. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just open Disk Utility and select you HARD DRIVE from the left-hand-side menu and click partition tab, then select the Windows partition and click minus sign and drag the OS X partition full size and click execute

3. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Even easier than using Disk Utility is to just run the Boot Camp Assistant (under Applications --> Utilities). It will ask if you want to remove the Windows partition and restore your computer to one large partition. Easy and non-destructive (except to Windows, ha ha).