help with repairing permissions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by juanster, Jul 4, 2007.

1. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

everytime i m going to install an update i verify my disk and repair transmission then restart and then install the new upgrade but this time, something is wrong and i don t know how to fix it. i repaired disk permissions and it says "the privileges have been verified or repaired in the selected volume" when i try to verify disk... this happens..i took a snapshot to make it easier any idea what to do now? or how to fix this? any help is apreciated thnx

Attached Files:

2. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Use the restore CDs that came with your mac, boot from disk one and use disk utility there to verify and repair the disk. I dont think you can repair the disk whilst OS X is booted up you have to use the CD

Either that or try this. Try option 1 first...

4. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

great to kno thx i ll try that first thing tomorrow morning..

5. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

i may sound very stupid but how do i boot from the cd?i pressed c while start up but it just restarted normally. how can i find disk utility in the cd so that i can repair my disc?

6. SolrFlare macrumors regular

Hold C down from boot until you get the apple logo. Once you get into the restore disk itself you can launch disk utility from the menus at the top of the screen after you get past the license agreement section.