Help with replacing iphone 3g screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hellaphants, Jul 29, 2010.

1. hellaphants macrumors newbie

I'm currently attempting to replace my glass screen on my iPhone. I did all the step correctly but now my entire screen is white. Does anybody know why this is happening? I need help fast!!!
    Thanks!

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Sounds like connector 3 popped off, it comes off easily when you're closing everything up.

3. christopherbrad macrumors newbie

How to repair your iPhone for a good price

Check this website www.phonzz.com they do repair all kind of phones and unlock them as well. they have 3 actual locations in Cincinnati Ohio but they also do business online. I tried them with my iPhone and i'm very satisfied. They only charged me $80 to repair my broken screen and they had a coupon offer $5 off so i ended paying only $75. I think its a great deal as apple charge over 200 dollars for doing the exact same !!!! the technicians at phonzz.com are certified so they know what they do.

4. BrokeMyi macrumors newbie

Hellaphants,
    It seems like the connector 3 (connector that transmits the signal to the LCD) has come off. Try to close it slowy, and hold your finger down on the connection to insure that it stays on when you close it.

If the screen is still white, I would assume that somewhere during your repair process the LCD was damaged.

5. hellaphants thread starter macrumors newbie

I think 3 was connected was correctly. When I open the casing again it's still connected. Does anyone have any tips how to connect 3, it seems like it is in all the way but in the time it looks like it can be pushed in a little more. There's a white line on the #3 strip that doesn't quite meet the metal housing.