Help with restore after Boot Loop

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GHOST121, Jul 25, 2011.

1. GHOST121 macrumors newbie

Hi kinda new here, sorry if this has been previously asked, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a jailbroken 3gs running on ATT, that got stuck in a boot loop after running updates from cydia. I've looked around and tried a few fixes, including SSH'ing into the phone, Redsn0w, iREB, and a few other things with no luck. At this point I'm looking to do just a fresh restore and and just starting over. I've found a lot of things on custom firmware's and things telling me not to update to the new baseband. So what is the best option and IOS to restore my phone with. Unfortunately I do not remember what IOS i had on there believe it was 4.2.1 or below just not sure. I did use spirit to jailbreak it. I just don't want to mess anything up, so seeing what the best method for a restore in my situation would be. Thank you.

2. epiciphonehack macrumors member

Well if you have the iPad 6.15.00 bb, you have to create a pre-hacked version of the firmware you want to load. I recommend 4.3.3 because thats the latest, and only firmware you can jailbreak and unlock. Then you just do a normal restore, but when you restore make sure you pick 4.3.3., not update.

If not then just simply do a restore/update to 4.3.3.

The firmware is found here - http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

3. GHOST121 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply,
    I have an Iphone 3gs and not sure what bb it's on. Still searching around but may just do a restore and update it.

4. epiciphonehack macrumors member

Well if you dont remember loading it, then you probably dont have it cause when you do, you'll definatly know because you cant update.

So yeah just try a restore.