Help with restoring my iPhone with a backup on a different computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Monsterasaurus, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Monsterasaurus macrumors newbie

So like, I have iTunes on this computer that has the perfect back up for my iPhone, but it can't connect to any internets so I can't restore it. Is there a way for me to get that backup file and stuff and put it on a flash drive so I can put it on a different computer that can connect to internet and back up my phone?

And yeah I tried using these file destinations;

On Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

On Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

But I had no luck in finding anything after (username). Like, I don't have 'Application Data' or 'AppData' as a folder on my computer.
    Any help would be a lifesaver, seriously. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, if your backup shows up on itunes then you can copy it to a usb drive and transfer it.
    On itunes select on the top menu Edit, then preferences and then devices.
    You will then see all the backups available on that itunes library.

3. Monsterasaurus thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh alright, cool man. Found it. But is there a way to put that back up on a flash drive and so I can transfer it to a different computer?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.
    What operating system are you running on your computer with the itunes backup?
    If it showed up on that screen then its there. You just gotta dig thru the correct folders and find it. Then copy it to a flash drive and place it on the same folder on the new computer.

5. Monsterasaurus thread starter macrumors newbie

On a Windows XP, if I recall correctly. Which folders do I dig through? o:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It should be here Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup