Help with Retina signal and wifi in Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PittsDriver, Oct 18, 2010.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I installed and enabled in Cydia, but it doesnt show up. Did I miss a step?

2. Cowboy8467 macrumors member

I'm curious about this as well. I downloaded it and enabled it in winterboard and it still doesn't work.

I'm running 4.1.

3. JayMosEnvied macrumors member

JayMosEnvied

That's weird because it works just fine for me. After installing reboot your phone and maybe that should help.

4. strodda macrumors regular

It only works on 4.1.

Your issue might be that you need to get into the .them folder and take out the individual themes. If you ssh into your themes folder, it'll look something like this.

/var/stash/themes/retina signal/(5 other themes)

The theme, when downloaded is like having 5 theme folders inside of a theme folder. So those 5 need to be taken out so they can be activated individually.

5. TaterToT macrumors 6502

You neeed to be on 4.1 and you need to have a normal.png and an @2x.png of the picture in the UIImages folder. Hope I've helped!

6. culturekiller macrumors newbie

confused.

i just read this thread, so i was curious and downloaded retina wifi signal too.

i went to settings > winterboard > and selected the retina wifi option.

however, it isnt changing at the top.

all the other posts im confused at to how to go through those steps. im super noob. thanks

7. strodda macrumors regular

you cannot just select the theme downloaded. that folder has 5 folders inside with the actual themes... whether you want signal dots, fatlace wifi, cirle wifi, etc. you need to either ssh into your phone or use ifile to move the 5 internal folders to the main "themes" folder so you can access them individually.

if you select the main folder as is, downloaded from cydia. all winterboard "sees" is whats directly inside, which is a bunch folders.

[​IMG]

8. culturekiller macrumors newbie

lollll. nice picture. i just started SSHing an hour after my post... so ill try right now to get into the theme folder. cuz i get the gist of things now. thanks

9. pault106 macrumors member

any other alternatives for this if you're still on 4.01?? :(