Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mantic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
AL
3 men are in a car over a bridge, one is the father of the other ones son, what is their blood relation? no they r not gay and no sex changes, and it is not religious

???

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Along the dad/stepdad line, maybe the kid is adopted, and one man is his birthfather and the other is the adopter.

edit: didn't see Kamera's post, so all 3 have to be blood-related to each other?

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
Hmm, typically the riddle doesn't specify that they're men and the answer is mother/father/son.

What you're saying reminds me of the riddle from the movie "Tin Cup".

I'm thinking from all sorts of angles on this one. I've actually sat in this thread for like 15 minutes, thinking about it. Either the answer is quite off and strange or its very simple but the wording of the riddle hides the obvious.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
The car crashes on the bridge and they all form a pool of bloody blood. the relation is that they all share the same blood now.

Moral of the story: Don't drive over a bridge with The father of someone's son.

Ninden

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Rochester, New York
Hmm... sounds like a good old case of adultery.

Man 1 Brother of Man 2. Man 2 has 'known' Man 1's wife, resulting in Son of Man 1... but really Man 2.

Shortly followed by Man1 getting convicted of 'Man 1' due to what he's going to do to Man 2 when he finds out ;)

(well, it'd be a crime of passion... probably wouldn't get a manslaughter charge... but then it doesn't sound as funny >.> )

mrfrosty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Is the "other ones son" definitely in the car at all ? At which point you have to wonder who "their blood relation" is actually referring too. Perhaps the answer is as simple as "father & son"

Moof1904

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2004
One of them is blood relative and is also a sperm donor for the IVF procedure that produced the other one's son.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
A man has a wife, and they have a son.

The son grows up, and has sex with the mum, producing another child. The man is now the father of the older boy, and is still blood related to his wife's new baby. He thinks that baby is his son, even though it's really his son's son. His weird older son had sex with his pervy mum to produce that younger son.

Now where's my prize?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
A man has a wife, and they have a son.

The son grows up, and has sex with the mum, producing another child. The man is now the father of the older boy, and is still blood related to his wife's new baby. He thinks that baby is his son, even though it's really his son's son. His weird older son had sex with his pervy mum to produce that younger son.

Now where's my prize?

that's just not right.

i think the real answer is they are not all men, and one is the mom, like someone already stated

Cheese

macrumors 6502
RESET!
"3 men are in a car over a bridge, one is the father of the other ones son, what is their blood relation?"

Firstly, they are ALL 3 men.
Secondly, the riddle-statement-query does not guarantee that all 3 are related by blood.
Next, the final / actual question is, "from the given facts, (that there are 3 MEN in a car, over a bridge - one is the father of the other ones son) can someone establish and define any and all possible blood relationships between them?"

Certain amazing possibilities exists, I am too drunk to attempt discovering them. MORE GUINNESS!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.