help with roxio toast reencoding

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tm0000, Oct 1, 2016.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

Hi,

I need some help. I'm trying to create a blu ray disc from 4K video shot on my iphone 6s plus and iphone 7 plus. I am using roxio toast 15.
    For the video quailty settings, I choose "best". I have attached a screenshot of the settings. My question is, Why does roxio reencode my video?
    It takes hours for reencoding, Why does it do that? Why can't it just use the original video quality?

Thanks!

2. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

I'll just take a guess here. Your typical Blue Ray burner may not be capable of handling 4K video natively. As well, if the file is larger than the disc put in, it may be trying not only to convert but compress to fit. You didn't provide enough information about your set up - type of blue ray burner, type of disc to burn (for starts). I don't honestly recall that Toast does 4k material but might convert to 1080 (typical Blue Ray) from 4K files.

3. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,
    Thanks for trying to help!
    Well, I don't even plug in the external blu ray burner, until I'm ready to burn
    So, I don't think that has anything to do with roxio re encoding my video files.
    I use the 25gb blu ray discs.. the files should fit on the disc.. I'm not adding too many files at once.
    And I tried burning the 1080p files, and roxio re encodes those too!

I just want roxio to multiplex and burn. I don't want to re encode my perfectly good video files!

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

I know how u feel... That's why i switched away from Roxio...

I have a 1080p video but it ignores the "re-encode' set to "Never" in Custom and coverts to PAL anyway. Not sure if u've tried this. Try clicking "Custom" and you'll see that option, but it doesn't help..

Roxio always seems to take what you've set in Preferences, over the Video encoding always. even if audio and video is dvd spec. Roxio just wants to re-encode regardless.

Burning is easy and fairly quick, but encoding takes awfully long..

Try Burn.. http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

at least i know that's way quicker than Roxio..

5. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks so so much.

It doesn't seem very user friendly at all! Can you create the actual movie with a menu and title?

Thanks again! :)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Can burn create blu ray discs?