Help with saving popup window

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lsews, Mar 1, 2013.

1. lsews macrumors newbie

I hope someone here can help me. I don't have much in the way of computer skills. I have a MacBook Pro, and am a volunteer for an organization that requires me to use a corporate site to receive reports. I had to enable popups for that site to be able to receive the reports.
    Now I need to save the reports and be able to email them to another member. How can I save a popup? When I tried, the file was empty. She tells me it has to have a .xls extension. Thanks for any help- I need simple explanations, please. I appreciate it.

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Are the reports in a linked file? Or are they displayed within the pop-up (which it sounds like they are)? Also, what is the extension (the ending) of the URL in the pop-up?

Better yet, could you post a screenshot of the pop-up window (including the entire window, address bar, etc.)?

3. lsews thread starter macrumors newbie

The report is displayed in the popup.
    I don't know how to post a screen shot, but I'll go look and try to figure out how to do that.

4. lsews thread starter macrumors newbie

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Here's how to take a screen shot and post it.

6. lsews thread starter macrumors newbie

7. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I noticed there's an "Export" button in the top left corner. Have you tried using that?

EDIT: I tried using the "Export" function/button in the top left corner and it allows me to export/save as a .PDF, rich-text, and Word documents. This sounds like what you need/are looking for.

8. lsews thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! I am going to try that. I am learning a lot lately and I really appreciate your help.