Help with Scanner for a HP PSC 2355

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cheekymonkey, Feb 18, 2009.

1. cheekymonkey macrumors newbie

Hi Guys

I have tried searching for this problem have found a couple of threads but not found my answer!!

Wonder if anyone can help me please.

I have the HP all in one PSC 2355 installed onto my mac.

Printer works fine but the scanner doesn't

when i bought my mac at christmas i did install the printer via the original disk but had problems so you guys kindly helped me out with that and now its fine!

apart from the scanner!

i have been using ThinkFree and cannot see anywhere like in word to 'insert' from 'scanner' TWAIN

so i tried to do it from image capture but says no image capture device connected.

yes the printer is found fine!

anyway i have looked on the internet and the nearest help i can find is somewhere where it tells you to change from TWAIN to SANE! ( i think i am going insane!!)

so i looked on the list of printers as you have to get the backend name and usb info but there is no PSC 2355 on the list!!!

does anybody know how i could get the scanner to work don't mind how just would like it to work. it wont even play ball and use the scan to button on the actual printer anymore either.

do i need to go to the hp website to download any more drivers?? am very confused.... i am technical to a point,... but do not claim in anyway to be an expert!!!!

once this little problem solved i think i am there!!

any help gladly received!

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

3. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

Do you see scan.app in the application folder, under HP?