Help with scanning on Canon MP160

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sneetch, Apr 29, 2015.

1. sneetch macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just dug up my cables for my old Canon Pixma mp160 printer/scanner and connected it to my iMac. The computer recognises the printer (when I go into printers in System Preferences).

However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to scan with this device. I remember having to open a program for this back when I used to use it, but I don't know the name of it and can't seem to find the information anywhere on the internet or on my mac. When I look up software for this machine to use with OSX 10.9, the only one available is for printing photos, which is nice, but not what I need just now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2. dyt1983, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: to remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

3. sneetch thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... I tried to download mp navigator and it's not specified for use with osx 10.9. So I tried a different version of navigator, but it doesn't work with the mp160. Would you happen to know which version of mp navigator you are using and where I can get it?

Thanks for the help

----------

Actually, nevermind. I just spoke to Cannon and it seems that sometimes with upgrades some things will remain intact, as in your case, but in my case, with a new computer, there is no driver for this printer. What a royal pain. Now I have to buy a new printer/scanner.

Thanks anyway!