Help with school project.....

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MrMacMini, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MrMacMini macrumors regular

Hi everyone, I'm working on my final project for my "Post Production" class, and need some help.

I know a lot of basics, but I want something that may get me those extra points.

As my final project I chose to do a musical montage (spelling?) on my softball team that I play on with friends and family members every Thursday.

The clip is basic, 1 song, and a lot of clips of all of us hitting, catching, and making plays on the field. The piece is just about finished but I want to add some nice effects, video tricks, anything that will make my video stand out.

Can you help with some ideas, and since Im new to FCP, maybe some instructions too.....

Thanks!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ever seen Top Gear? They often have very unique artsy post production, alot of multishots, use the colour corrector tool, turn the blacks down a tiny bit and whites and mids up a tiny bit, gives a good sharp feel (as long as your shots are correctly exposed). Google how to guides on FCP for making stylistic shots, there's alot out there.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

you can do the pleasentville effect. search youtube/google there are tons of tutorials on it...

4. MrMacMini thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tips, Ill look into both your suggestions. I have to turn the project in tomorrow so Im limited to what I can do, but Ill do what I can tonight.

I've seen so many good videos on youtube and cant even imagine how half of those are done, but I guess in time with practice and research maybe Ill be capable of doing the same.

First thing I realized...I need a better camera!:D

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Yeah? Got an edit you can upload to youtube or something?