Help With screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyi, Aug 2, 2012.

1. johnnyi macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

Not been on here in a while anyway today I decided to dismantle by phone to replace the Lock Button Cable and the Lock button would not work. I got it all fixed went to switch the phone and the screen comes out but with random lines of colours going vertically down the screen. I phoned my phone and it rings and everything I can even swipe to answer the call. I think i may have damaged the ribbon when taking it apart ?.Do you think replacing the LCD screen will fix the problem ?

Many Thanks
    Jonathan

2. ctc799 macrumors member

It's almost definitely an LCD issue if everything still works. I would check the cables that connect the LCD to the board and make sure one of them didn't just get pinched somewhere. That could save you from having to buy a new panel.

3. johnnyi thread starter macrumors regular

Yeh mate thats what i was thinking yeh i stripped it back down and made sure all the connections were in correctly but nothing. might just order a new lcd screen and see how i get on.

4. johnnyi thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else think it could be something different ?

5. johnnyi thread starter macrumors regular

Finally Got it fixed ordered a screen off amazon it came yesterday but it was not working kept getting the white screen.Ordered another screen yesterday and it came today and it works fine :)