Help with screenshots

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by winty03, Jul 29, 2008.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

I need to email some screenshots of a issue I am having with a website. I have tried sending them one using command shift 3. I read through the commands and options on mac rumors for taking screenshots. My issue the picture is small and unreadable. How am I able to email a clear screenshot and or one of just a certain window in safari? Thanks

2. deltaiscain macrumors regular

It shouldn't be small. It should be the resolution of your screen.
    You could try using grab. it's in the utilities folder in applications.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Command-shift-4 lets you select the area you want to copy

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

4. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

MacDawg I never tried that, I will though. All I am doing is attaching the picture OS X created on my desktop , but when viewed from other pc can't make much out. :(

5. deltaiscain macrumors regular

When it is on the desktop and you open it, go to view and then to actual size. Is it the size of your screen? If so, mail might do something wrong trying to attach it. and what is wrong when you try to view it on a different pc? is the format the picture is in not compatible? or is the resolution very low?

6. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I usually crop it (highlight the part you want, Command+k) (i think that's the command, been a while since I used preview.app)

it will appear it's normal size once you crop the rest out. The reason it looks small is because it shows you a scaled version of the picture, which in that case is your entire screen(similar to a thumbnail). Viewing it at it's full size would also make it bigger.

7. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Here's a link to what I use. It's a very good & handy little widget that'll let you grab window, whole screen, cropped view. You don't have to remember any keystrokes which my old addled mind is having problems with..:D

Oh, it's free too.

http://www.columbia.edu/~slc2111/

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I use grab, then open it in Preview and save it to what ever format I want.

9. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

I will give some of these ideas a try over my noon break. What I was having happen with the pic was it was shrinking it very small like the entire screenshot to a picture size of like 2 inch by 2 inch and no way to zoom or expand it. So you sould see U have a dock and a window open but thats about it.