Help with selling MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sdreed91, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Sdreed91 macrumors 6502

I have an early 2010 13 inch MBP. I5 processor. I have put in 8 gigs of ram and installed a 750gb SSHDD. It is in excellent shape. There are a few minor scratches and 3 very very very tiny dings. Ding size comparable to a bread crumb. My dilemma is that I do not know how much to ask for the computer any suggestions on a price?

Thank you

2. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

I think you'll find that selling it with the new upgrades isn't the best idea. Maybe the 8GB of RAM, but you won't get back anything close to what you paid for that SSD selling the machine used. People who understand the advantages of an SSD are also able to install their own, so they're not going to pay the premium on a used computer sale to have it pre-installed by the previous owner. I can't help you with specific prices but I thought that was worth pointing out.

3. Sdreed91 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for your response. I am interested in a Retina MBP but if I can't find a decent price for this I may go for a mac mini. With the advantages and improvements through iCloud and iOS having iTunes movies in the cloud has really helped save me storage space which is why I am considering a rMBP.

4. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

Excellent advise - people who purchase used computers - want the cheapest price they can get - for the most part.