help with sending email in iphone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Psyxologos, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Psyxologos macrumors regular

Hallo everyone. Despite receiving emails without any problems, I am unable to send any from my iphone 3g. I receive an error message (something along the lines: 'invalid sender') and the email gets moved to my 'drafts' folder.

I know everything is set up properly as I have double checked, plus of course the fact that I can receive emails normaly. What could I be doing wrong? Please help!

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

I had the exact same problem. Are you by any chance using comcast for you email? If so, make sure your user id is your full email address, e.g., johndoe@comcast.net, not just johndoe. In any other client all you need is your user id without @domain; not in mail.app.

3. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

4. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular

Hallo again. Despite the above 'trick' solving the sending of messages problem, if I have my full username/email as my user id then I cannot receive mail, only just send. And it does that with gmail, yahoo and my POP3 account. Any suggestions?

5. Psyxologos thread starter macrumors regular