Help with sending links to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 01jamcon, Mar 5, 2011.

1. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone in the MR community knows of an app or workaround to allow me to send web page links I'm currently viewing on my Mac's browser, quickly and easily to my iPhone.

I know this is already a feature on Android, but was hoping someone had found a way for it to work in iOS as I've recently realised how useful it would be to have if I need to leave my laptop in a rush.

I do use Safari, but I could easily switch to Firefox or Chrome if it isn't possible in Safari.

Thanks.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I know firefox has this feature you make an account and download the firefox app from the app store and it syncs your bookmarks, tabs and history to the firefox iphone app. I can't remember what it is called but I know the feature is there.

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I actually have a Safari bookmarks folder called "For later" where I'll add a bookmark I want to send to my phone. Since I use MobileMe, within a few moments the link is synced to the same folder on my iPhone (and iPad). I can then go to that folder on the phone and open the link.

4. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

For just one link on occasion, I've always emailed the links or sent an IM to it via skype, yahoo, etc.

Not the perfect way, but I get them immediately and it works great.

5. kwajaffa macrumors newbie

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I usually just email them to myself, I have gmail and 90% of the time I have it open in a tab. FF supposedly works, but I haven't messed around with it that much.

7. seajay96 macrumors 6502