Help with series 1 battery life

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gtpimp, Jul 25, 2017.

1. gtpimp macrumors newbie

I purchased a series 1 42mm new two months ago. Since day one I can only get about 12hrs out of it. I reset the watch and my phone with no luck in gaining battery life. The watch is also running bare bones - grayscale. Activity turned off, sounds off, background app refresh off, etc.. Series 1 42mm = V3.2.3. iPhone 7 Plus = V10.3.3

The watch was dead out of the box, I had to charge it. Can I try anything else?

Thanks in advance.

2. Relentless Power, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Try setting the Watch up as a new device versus restoring from back up if you haven't done so.

You can also contact Apple and they can conduct a free battery diagnostic for you over the phone. If the battery doesn't meet the 80% threshold, you could be looking at a battery replacement for your Apple Watch.

3. gtpimp thread starter macrumors newbie

That's for the advice, I set it up as a new watch this morning along with ' reset network settings ' and reset all settings on my iPhone. My watch is currently at 11% - 9hrs off the charger. Everything is turned off other than text notifications and wrist raise.
    I will call apple tonight thank you.

4. Relentless Power, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It could just be a faulty battery that might need replacing, especially if your watch is completely stock and you have taken the other necessary steps to set it up as a new device being its two months old. Let's know what you find out.

5. gtpimp thread starter macrumors newbie

So the watch passed the diagnostics but the tech said they will replace it anyway. I asked if I would be receiving a new or refurbished watch. She said 99% sure I will receive a new one. How true is this? I'm only asking because I may try to exchange it at the retailer I purchased it from first.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

In most cases, it's a "Replacement" Watch. Which means it will basically look new and you will receive the Watch only, with no band or other hardware, but has the potential it might have been used prior.

If it were me, I would try the retailer first for the return for a new one in the box. If they don't accept the return, then go through Apple.

7. Volgin Suspended

Volgin

My battery has been less then stellar as of late as well.