Help with setting up wifi on new printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by abz1981, Nov 26, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Hi all

I am sorry if this is posted to wrong part of the forum. I have a MBA 2011. Bought a new ML-1865w printer. Went to samsung website and downloaded the drivers from the website. Can connect to printer via usb. All working fine.

However unable to establish a wifi connection, to use it wirelessly with my printer. If I go to add printer, it does not show me my printer unless it is connected via usb.

Samsung seem to be no help with this issue either. Can anyone help or advise?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Turn on the Wi-Fi in the printer, and with it you should see your Wi-Fi network.
    After that the printer will have an IP address and from there you should be able to see it wirelessly in your Mac.
    Unless Samsung requires an installation software to be run in your Mac to set it up.

3. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Tried turning the button on, on my printer, does not seem to get a response from it. Plus downloaded the drivers and does not seem to help either :(

4. abz1981 thread starter macrumors 65816

Spoke to someone on samsung live chat. Who have said the printer is not compatible with Lion OS. So will have to return it tomorrow. Its weird as apple's website says its compatible.