Help with SGP Incredible Shield ULTRA MATTE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jashmid, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jashmid macrumors regular

I'm in the UK and nobody has the new version with correct cut-outs in stock yet (Amazon/eBay/etc.). Was wondering if any of you guys in the US has the new Ultra Matte installed and if so, could you please provide some photos?

p.s. I remember I saw a couple of previews with the old cut-outs a while ago. But I can't for the life of me find the damn thing!

2. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

3. Knolly macrumors 6502a

What's the "new version"? I've had the Ultra Matte installed for awhile with cutouts for the camera, flash, etc and it's looks great.

4. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

Could you please post a couple of pics? please?
    I want to buy this one and combine it with a bumper or a Vapor.

5. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Ultra Matte and Ultra Fine were initially released with the LED flash and front camera covered.

They've updated the cut-out since then. But it's still not available here in the UK. I want to know how the new cut-outs look like exactly (oval shaped, tear shaped, two separate circles, etc.). Also, their website doesn't quite show the texture of the product. That's why I'm asking for proper photos.

6. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Here's some pics of mine since someone requested them. Note that the front is NOT matte, only the back:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Snagged these before returning my iPhone 4, but I loved the skins and they went on very easily.

7. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Super. Thanks.

I know about the front. I'm using oleophobic right now and am just interested in the matte back.

8. illutionz macrumors 65816

So if I purchase

"SGP Incredible Shield ULTRA MATTE for Apple iPhone 4 (Matte Type Full Body Protection Film Set) *With Flash Cut Out*"

does the "matte" type only applies for the BACK protection and not the front screen protector?

9. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

It's clearly advertised on their website. All three Incredible Shield products (Ultra Matte, Ultra Coat and the normal Incredible Shield) come with Crystal Clear film for the front LCD.

I bought Oleophobic separately because I've seen Crystal Clear on 3GS it's one hell of a fingerprint magnet.

If you don't like the Crystal Clear for the front screen, you'll have to buy your LCD protector separately.

10. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I think the sides are matte also, not sure though, mine hasn't arrived yet:p

11. illutionz macrumors 65816

Ah yeah I just re-read their whole thing. Thanks for confirmation. I have placed an order for Matte screen protector :)

12. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Just an update for those who are interested in this product (and those who've had it with Zagg)...

Tom from Buy Me an iPhone has just posted an extensive review on the Ultra Matte and Oleophobic with the score of 10 out of 10: http://www.buymeaniphone.com/2010/07/28/sgp-incredible-shields-matte-w-ultra-oleophobic/

Video only: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQw_3uXHnQU

I've already got the Oleophobic installed and am loving it. But none of the UK retailers have the Ultra Matte in stock yet which is a real bummer. Cannot wait to get rid of the truly awful Zagg. **barf**

13. quackwack macrumors member

I'm in the UK too and ended up buying it from the the sgp ebay store, shipped a week ago but still hasn't arrived yet.

14. Jashmid thread starter macrumors regular

Yikes! Good luck with USPS. Their tracking system is worse than the Royal Mail's!

15. Steveo47 macrumors regular

Man i know, my product has been "shipped out" since the 21st and it is not the 29th and it still says that it is LA

16. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Hey, I just bought one of these (in the uk) of their ebay store. How do you get a tracking number? Thanks