help with SMS's

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by superspud, Sep 7, 2008.

1. superspud macrumors regular

so when i first got my 3g everything was great, i set a special tone for text messages and had it vibrate, so when i received a text it would vibrate and make the tone.... now, it just vibrates, no tone... and when i turn vibrate off, nothing happens, the message just pops up.

also, is there a way to make the message preview not pop up when i receive a text? its annoying when im searching safari or maps and the messages keep popping up....

please advise...

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

boyfriends phone has this same problem, change the tone to something else and see if that works (this is only a temporary fix, as it seems to lose sound shortly after)

hopefully they will fix this in the firmware update. he's gone through 2 phones btw

3. superspud thread starter macrumors regular

yeah just did a search and found multiple threads about this issue... i didnt know it was such a problem, good to know its not just me....

when is this magical update happening?

4. stewartlittle macrumors regular

Rumors lead to tuesday, but as always, we never really know til it happens. There is a whole thread dedicated to what we think that update will include as well.

5. Nikki S macrumors newbie

I have this same issue. I changed the tone and that worked for a bit but now is back to not working.

To turn off the text preview go into settings, then general and into Passcode lock. There is a slider for show sms preview. Turn it off.

Hope that helps