Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
I am in the process of re-designing a client gallery site for my photography company and I'm having a bit of trouble getting a certain menu to display. This is a PHP file that is called by an include () tag in the index.php file.

Basically the main menu is working but for some reason it's not showing the cart code even though there are products in the cart. I'm assuming this is the code that's most important:

Code:
<?php 
		if(($ctotal > 0)OR($cartItems > 0)==true) {
			if($ctotal > 0) {	
print showPrice($ctotal)."  ";
			}
		printLinks(2, $ctotal, $cartItems);	
	}

?>

The problem is however, it's not printing anything on the page. I was worried that it may be something with the CSS; however, I can't even pull it up when I do a search of the source code that is generated off the PHP which means it's not showing up period. Does anyone know why this not working?

The full PHP file is below.

Code:
<?php if(( $_SESSION['pc_client_login'] !== true) ||  ($_SESSION['pc_client_id'] == NULL )) 

{ 
	printLinks(3, $ctotal, $cartItems);
	} else {

printLinks(4, $ctotal, $cartItems);
}

?>

<?php 
function printLinks($location, $ctotal, $cartItems) {
	global $tr,$setup, $addOnFeature;
	$links = whileSQL("pc_menu_links", "*", "WHERE link_location='$location'  AND link_status='1' ORDER BY link_order ASC ");
	while($link = mysql_fetch_array($links)) {
		if($link['link_text_field'] == "store_top_link") {
			if(isset($addOnFeature['accessories'])) { 
				$cs = doSQL("pc_acc_settings", "*", "");
				if($cs['store_status'] == "1") {
					 if($lc> 0) { print "    "; } $lc++;
					print "<li><a href=\"";  if($_REQUEST['action'] == "payment") { print $setup['url']."/"; } print "".$link['link_url']."\">".$cs['store_top_link']."</a>";
				}
			}
		} else {
			 if($lc> 0) { print "    "; } $lc++;
			if(!empty($link['link_text_field'])) { print "<li><a href=\"";  if($_REQUEST['action'] == "payment") { print $setup['url']."/"; } print "".$link['link_url']."\">".$tr[$link['link_text_field']]; } else {  print "<a href=\"".$link['link_url']."\">".$link['link_text']; } print "</a>";
		}
	}
}
?>

<?php 
	if(!function_exists(photoCartIncluded)) { die("Direct file access denied"); }

if((( $_SESSION['pc_client_login'] == true) AND  ($_SESSION['pc_client_id'] !== NULL ))OR(($ctotal > 0) OR ($cartItems>0))==true){ ?>

<?php if(( $_SESSION['pc_client_login'] == true) AND  ($_SESSION['pc_client_id'] !== NULL ) == true) { 
	$client = doSQL("pc_clients", "*", "WHERE client_id='".$_SESSION['pc_client_id']."' ");
	if(!empty($client['client_id'])) {
		updateSQL("pc_clients", "client_last_active=NOW(), client_ip='".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."'  WHERE client_id='".$client['client_id']."' ");
	}
print "</ul><br><br><h1>My Menu</h1><ul>";
	printLinks(1, $ctotal, $cartItems);	
	}

?>

<?php 
			if($ctotal > 0) {	
			}
	}

?>

<?php } ?>

<?php
 if(customerLoggedIn()) {
	$ctotal = doSQL("pc_customer_credits", "SUM(credit_amount) AS tot", "WHERE credit_customer='".$_SESSION['pc_client_id']."' ");
	if($ctotal['tot']>0) { ?>
	<div class=tables>
	 <?php 
		$credit_message = str_replace("[CREDIT_AMOUNT]",showPrice($ctotal['tot'])."", "".$tr['credit_statement']."");
		print $credit_message;
		?>
	 </div>
	<?php } ?>
<?php } ?>

rowsdower

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2009
Code:
			if($ctotal > 0) {	
			}

This won't print anything if $ctotal <= 0. Maybe the items in the cart don't have a price or the price is zero?

Code:

From the printLinks function:
Code:
$links = whileSQL("pc_menu_links", "*", "WHERE link_location='$location'  AND link_status='1' ORDER BY link_order ASC ");

This won't return anything if there are no links in your database with the location you passed in (2 in this case), or if there are links but their status is not 1. Do the links exist in your database?

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
The ==true part on that if statement is unnecessary. I also generally use || for an or, rather than OR.
PHP:
if (($ctotal > 0) || ($cartItems > 0)) {
Haven't looked at the other code yet.

joro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
Code:
			if($ctotal > 0) {	
			}

This won't print anything if $ctotal <= 0. Maybe the items in the cart don't have a price or the price is zero?

Code:

From the printLinks function:
Code:

This won't return anything if there are no links in your database with the location you passed in (2 in this case), or if there are links but their status is not 1. Do the links exist in your database?

Everything in the cart has a price, I've also verified that it is showing a $ amount greater than 0.00. I'm going to look into the second part about the DB although they should be there because it shows fine when I remove the PHP modifications I've done on this page. Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.