Help with sound in Windows

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Patriks7, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Hey guys
    I just installed Windows on my MacBook Pro (15", 2.4 GHz), cause my friend wants to play some games. So I installed XP (only thing I have available) and put in the OS X DVD to get all the drivers etc. Everything seems to work except for sound. I remember I had exactly this same problem with my MacBook and that I had to download the driver from the actual site of the firm which makes the sound card, but I have no idea how to find that info for my MacBook Pro. Also, are there any graphics drivers I should look into downloading?

2. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Is there really noone who knows how to fix this? :(

3. Eauboy macrumors regular

Eauboy

This doesn't sound that hard. I'm too new to Mac to be able to tell you how to figure out which sound card you have, but once you do, just go to that manufacturer's web site and search on the model numbers. You should find XP drivers right on their site.

4. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Kinda ashamed to say I've had a Mac for like 2 years and still don't know how to find that kind of stuff. I guess it's because I have never needed that on a Mac but in the Windows world it's highly crucial :p

5. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

Download Realtek HD Drivers from their website.
    You can get the video drivers straight from the NVIDIA website as well.

6. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

OK thanks I'll try it out next time I boot into the dark side :p