Help with Spotlight..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jason Beck, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

When I first got my macbook 2 months ago I could command+space and open the spotlight dialog box and type say "i" and it would start displaying ical, iweb, you know everything that starts with I. Like it should.

Somewhere down the line things got funky. Now I command +space, open the box, type the letter of the application i want or whatever and nothing is displayed in the finder window. However when I move my cursor to the actual magnifying glass in the corner after I typed the search, and click it, it will show the results.

Or if I type what I want to find and then command space again it will show it.
    So what did I do wrong? I want it back the way it way lol. : ) Just having to command + space twice, once to open the search box and then one more time after i enter the search string, is getting annoying. Or having to click on the magnifying glass after entering the search.

Someone help. I'll give you a cookie.
    : )
    :rolleyes:

2. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Fixed. Used Onyx and rebuilt the search index and it works now. I like that program alot.. lots of cleaning utils too : ) :)