Help with STANZA.app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nirav464, Jun 18, 2009.

1. nirav464 macrumors member

hey guys I have a PDF of a book and I want to be able to read it on my iphone through stanza.

The problem is, even when I export the book as ".epub" (with calibri and stanza desktop) the book is no way readable. I mean it opens, but no paragraphs, random line breaks etc.

So is there any way that I can correctly format the PDF so it can be friendly with Stanza? Any other file extension?

I've literally spent about 3 hours trying to work this out and this basically my last attempt. :confused:

Thanks

2. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

u need to download stanza for desktop to read pdf file. google it :)

3. nirav464 thread starter macrumors member

please can you read my post before posting. and I all ready did, thats not the problem.

4. gekkota macrumors member

Although you can convert a pdf to epub, it will not maintain the formatting in the original pdf--as you have seen. No paragraphs, images or bookmarks. There is no way around this--believe me, I tried...

Since I also had pdf ebooks I wanted to read, I downloaded the Good Reader app, which is specifically for reading large pdf files. It's great--sharp images, maintains bookmarks and formatting, etc. Well worth the 5 bucks.

5. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

If you have Acrobat Professional, export it as an html file, then open it in Stanza Desktop. It'll retain most of the formatting.