help with status bar (old jail break)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Two Pistols, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Two Pistols macrumors member

i jailbroke my 3g a long while ago and deleted the "att&t" symbol on top, this transfered over to my iphone 4 when i plugged it in. my question is there a way to make it go back to normal without loosing all my apps, pictures and contacts?
    \thanks in advance

2. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

I believe you will need to "Set up as new phone" and then re-sync everything again, as opposed to just syncing your iPhone 4 with a backup.

3. Two Pistols thread starter macrumors member

and this will keep everything on there still?

4. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Right, when you synced your 3G with iTunes it has all your apps and what not stored within iTunes.

I'm not sure what you mean by everything, but the majority of the stuff that was on your 3G is synced to your computer, as long as you chose to do so (contacts, notes etc.).

So set it up as a new phone, and then just select the stuff you want to sync with your new one and it wont carry any of the weird stuff from the 3G.

When you restore from back up, it is basically taking EVERYTHING from the old phone and putting it on the new one, when you set up as a new phone its a fresh start, and you can sync what you want.

5. Two Pistols thread starter macrumors member