Help with "stuck" cd inside my macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Herrard, May 16, 2009.

1. Herrard macrumors newbie

Okay first my computer freezed while i was watching a game trailer. I could not do anything for 5 minutes and i decided to force the shut down of the computer. When I restarted the computer the gray background appears and after 40 seconds a folder icon with an interrogation symbol appears in the middle and I cant do anything but turn off the computer. Also my computer is sounding as if the disk is like skipping.

Then comes my stupidity... I try to install another OS to my computer and when I insterted the cd it started to setup the OS but then when it asks me to set it up (yeah sounds weird) I cant really do anything more than turn off my computer! so I want to take out the cd but it seems impossible because everytime I turn it on it starts to "setup" so I cant eject the disc and it also seems that my keyboard is unresponsive, but I can still do the cntrl - option - P - R thing.

Please help me
    Thanks in advance

2. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

first off sounds like a bad hdd so boot off your install disck and see if it can see the hdd. if not, your hdd is dead

to eject the cd, you hold your mouse button as you start up...notthe eject button

4. Herrard thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Earlcamembert macrumors newbie

Disk Utility!

For anyone else who may stumble across

My friend had the same problem, nothing would eject it, if you ejected it it disappeared but I went into the Disk Utility and ejected it from there and for some reason it worked.

6. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

I don't think he can boot OSX.