Help with syncing an iPhone to a new library.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mjmar, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I recently got a MacBook, and haven't switched my mom's iPhone over to my new iTunes library. Whenever I plug it in and click manually manage the songs on my iPhone, it tells me it will erase data on the phone. My question is if i go ahead and click sync, will it erase everything or only the songs on the phone? I'm worried about loosing all of my mom's data...

2. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

yeah it will. i had the problem when i got my macbook, i had to buy an external hard-drive and put all my data including music,pics,contacts,documents and added all the info the my macbook. when i did first plug my iphone in i did a full restore as well, so i ended with a snappier-iPhone and all my data was on my new macbook..

hope you enjoy the macbook , they are great!!!

3. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Will it even erase the contacts if they're not even synced with any library?

4. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Something simililar is happening with my computer also. Like, my desktop computer's Power Supply got messed up somehow(before I bought my iPhone), with MUCH MUCH trouble I got all of my songs off my iPOD(not iPhone) to my dad's laptop. now, After I did that, I got the iPhone, and sync'd to my dad's laptop.*note My desktop is still not fixed, but will be by day after tomorrow*. I also added about 500 more songs after I got the iPhone. now, I need to know how to get all my songs off my iPhone or off my laptop, to my desktop..