Help with tethering my 4s to my iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Jan 21, 2012.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me what apps I need and how to set it up so that on the rare times I'm away from a wifi network, I can use my unlimited iPhone data plan to provide my iPad a connection to the outside world? thanks

2. zaxdude macrumors regular

Did you happen to search for the word tether? All of your answers will unfold in very recent threads on the same topic.

There's more at play than just knowing what apps are available. AT&T has been cracking down on tethering "illegally". I'm not telling you to refrain - not my place - just know AT&T at any time could take away your unlimited data for tethering activity.

3. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

If I only tether on rare occasion (say, once every two months for about 10 hours each time), and don't do anything but email and read forums, search the web etc, are they likely to know? Also, I did a search and there are about ten topics with a thousand responses. I was just hoping someone could give me the "quick and dirty". You know how threads get very off topic.

4. zaxdude macrumors regular

If you do the search for tether, the 3rd, 4th & 5th threads that appear will answer your question, two of which have less than 5 responses. The other thread deals with ATT tether detection.

Take your pick:
    MyWi
    PDA Net
    TetherMe

As far as ATT knowing?? None of us know their methods or ways. You may never get caught, or you may get caught the first time you use it. It's a roll of the dice.

5. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular