Help with tethering NO JAILBREAK 3.1.2 AT&T

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anirudh0802, Apr 9, 2010.

1. anirudh0802 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure everyone wants this question answered! I have an iphone 3g and used to tether just to check email, etc. Now, I have 3.1.2 (7D11) firmware installed and have not updated to the recent one. I have searched the web HOURS to find a solution that works, but have failed. The benm solution does NOT work for locked phones.

I though I found a website that said the tethering software works, but you have to pay $10 to download it. I don't remember the site anymore. I have found another site, but am not sure if it works.

Does anyone know if there is ANY tethering solution that works that does not require a unlocked phone or jailbreak? Every single one I have tried has failed. Would appreciate it A LOT! Thanks!

This was the site I was talking about (haven't tried it yet):
    http://www.jellysms.com/blog/enable-...nd-with-30-gm/

2. ml2k1 macrumors member

with AT&T there isn't a non-jailbreak technique, which is one of the reasons I had to jailbreak my 3GS. And once I jailbroke my 3GS... it felt like a whole new phone...making it somewhat worth the 599.99+ tax I paid =(

3. phrint macrumors 6502

You need to jailbreak. It's easy. Use redsn0w then unlock with blacksn0w. Then go to this link on your iPhone through Safari and download the custom profile. It will enable tethering and you are good to go. I did this on my 3G and, now, my 3GS on 3.1.2.

http://m.peacefulinsanity.com/Tether.mobileconfig

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

it did for me. JB'ed, but still locked.

5. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

With AT&T?

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I am on AT&T so jailbroken but not unlocked, and on a 3g with 3.1.2 and I have tethering enabled from that peacefulinsanity site.

7. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Nice... I'm using 3.1 though... and I think this one didn't work for me... Rebooting now to try again. I really just don't want to be bothered upgrading to 3.1.2... I may have to though.

EDIT: Yea, it doesn't work on 3.1 :p Oh well.

8. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I was using another tethering hack before on 3.1.2 and while it worked, it also took away my visual VM. I had to restore and re-jailbreak a few weeks ago, and when I did, I went with the peaceful one instead, and tethering works perfectly (I use it exclusively for internet at home) and I got my visual VM back! :)

Aw, too bad!

9. phrint macrumors 6502

I thought you needed to be unlocked in order to have the tethering hack installed? Is this not the case?

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Just jailbroken, unlock doesn't matter.

11. phrint macrumors 6502

Sweet! Thanks for your help.

12. phrint macrumors 6502

I just uninstalled blacksn0w and I have no signal. Any ideas? Do I need to restore the phone to get it to activate under AT&T again?