Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
Went from a ip4 to galaxy s3 for my daughter and now she cant get my texts from my ip unless I disable imessage but I really dont want to do that because I text my iPad also from my ip.

Any one else have this issue I called att they said the galaxy is showing up on my account not the ip4.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Do you have your iphone set to send a message as a text if it can't send it as an imessage? When I had an iphone I had imessage on and was able to text android phones with that setting turned on.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
You need to delete your phone number from your imessage account. You can leave your email so your ipad still gets them, but remove the phone number under imessage options. This is something you can do on the ipad since you probably do not have the iphone anymore.

mrskullfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
michigan north detroit
OK, I got it I had to turn off iMessage on my ip5 we both deleted our contact info for each other then have the s3 (formally ip4) text my ip5 I saved her number and she saved mine.
Then I could turn on iMessage again and it all worked.

What a pain I been working on this all day lol..

thx for the tips

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.