Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRidge52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Here's the low down: I am on Sprint, currently using an iPhone 4S. My brother moved from Verizon to Sprint and brought his number from Verizon but switched from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S3/4(can't remember which) and ever since he made the switch every time I try to text him he won't get it. On my end it'll say the message was sent but he just NEVER receives it.

I called Sprint customer service but they were no help, all they told me was to update my PRL which I had already done by dialing ##873283#. My brother has done this on his end as well. I've also tried deleting him from my Contacts list and re-adding him, and that didn't work either. I'm pretty sure the problem is on my end because when he texts me from his phone I'll receive the message, it's just when I text him he gets nothing.

I'm starting to think for some reason my iPhone still thinks he has an iPhone because whenever I try to text him it's sent as an iMessage instead of a regular Text Message. iMessage is only iPhone to iPhone, right? But as I said I deleted him as a contact and re-added him making sure to select his phone as "mobile" and not "iPhone" but it still just doesn't work.

I'm at my wits end here and I'm hoping you guys can help me because Sprint has been no help and me and my brother have both tried everything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance for any and all help.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Did he sign out of iCloud before changing phones? If not his account may still be linked to his Apple ID. I know when I sold my iPhone 5 I stayed logged into iCloud intentionally. That way I could text as my number, but from my computer for a few more days.

If they still have the old Iphone have them log out of iCloud on it. I think the issue is on their side not yours.

SRidge52

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Did he sign out of iCloud before changing phones? If not his account may still be linked to his Apple ID. I know when I sold my iPhone 5 I stayed logged into iCloud intentionally. That way I could text as my number, but from my computer for a few more days.

If they still have the old Iphone have them log out of iCloud on it. I think the issue is on their side not yours.
He told me he never signed up for iCloud. But isn't it kind of mandatory? If you couldn't tell we're both not the best with this stuff. If he is indeed logged into iCloud all he'll have to do is log out, right?

And thanks for the reply!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
He told me he never signed up for iCloud. But isn't it kind of mandatory? If you couldn't tell we're both not the best with this stuff. If he is indeed logged into iCloud all he'll have to do is log out, right?

And thanks for the reply!

He doesn't need to be signed up for iCloud but if you go into messages in settings there is an iMessage option. That should be turned off as that is the setting that will make your number look like an iPhone.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Look to see what color your brother's texts were on your phone before he switched to Samsung. If they were blue he was using iCloud, and green if not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.