Help with the new imovie 08

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by tasteslikebutta, Dec 10, 2008.

1. tasteslikebutta macrumors newbie

I've been using the old imovie for years and could basically work it with my eyes closed. I just got a newer macbook pro with imovie 08 and am now having problems. When I imported video from my mini dv camera and put the clips together, they did not flow at all. It just jumped from one scene to the next without even playing the entire clip. Also when I wanted to make a photo slide show, i just wanted it to go from one picture to the next but instead it zooms in and out without me telling it to. How can I fix these problems??

2. Mattaut macrumors regular

With the photo slide show, just select a clip and click the crop button, it is probably set to ken burns so set it to a different option.
    EDIT:You can right-click in the clip organizer and click project properties. At the bottom you can select how you want clips to be cropped when they are initially placed.

For your other problem, is all the footage there when you drag the cursor across your clips? If not then there could've been a problem when you were importing. If it is all there and it just messes up when you try to play the movie, I noticed sometimes when I'm playing movies with transitions they don't work right, but when I export the movie they do. That kinda sucks, but I don't know a way around it. Try exporting your movie and see if it plays right.

3. zephyrnoid macrumors 6502

zephyrnoid

Since the title is right, allow me to borrow it for this question.
    Using a Canon HV20, the user imports the Footage as HDV into iMovie 08.
    How do you remove the interlacing effect?:confused:

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

By selecting "Deinterlace Source Video" in the Settings module when exporting.

Andrew.

5. zephyrnoid macrumors 6502

zephyrnoid

Thanks! That was easy.