Help with the title of a movie...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This has been bothering me for a few weeks now. I can't remember the title of the movie, and Google is no help...

It's basically about this guy and this chick who lives in some small town in the midwest or something, in the '30's I think. Maybe not, I don't know. Either way, the guy's this popular football player, and the chick's his girlfriend. Then after highschool they make promises to each other to stay together forever and all that stuff, and the guy goes off to Yale while the chick stays behind. The guy went on to find a new love over at Yale and the chick goes mental.

There wasn't a overly happy ending either - the guy ended up with the chick he met at Yale, and the chick stays at home recovering from her breakdown or something.

I think this is plenty of detail, and it's a classic I think. So if anyone saw this movie and remembers the title, please do tell!

2. JulesNYC macrumors regular

Do you know anyone who stars in this movie? When was it made -- recently, 90's, 80's, etc.?

3. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's definitely in color, and the lead chick was hot. I think she's a famous actress too. I was thinking Audrey Hepburn, but looking at her picture, she's not her. I *THINK* it was 70's, but I'm not sure.

4. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

5. geekgirl macrumors regular

6. Shyfty macrumors member

No problem. Former film student, so I'm glad it came in handy.