help with this macbook refurb.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by seablue, Sep 19, 2012.

1. seablue, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

seablue macrumors regular

I have found this and wondering if it would be a good deal for me. I'm currently using an old ibook G4 and it does basically what I want but... I'm finding more and more, I need intel for everything. I try and download new apps and this ibook is not compatible. all I do on my computer is emails, a couple of FB games, internet searching. I don't do any videos or anything fancy. My ibook right now has:
    Machine Name: iBook G4
    Machine Model: PowerBook6,7
    CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.2)
    Number Of CPUs: 1
    CPU Speed: 1.33 GHz
    L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
    Memory: 1.5 GB
    Bus Speed: 133 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: 4.9.3f0

Haven't had any issues with memory or speed. I just need intel now.

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Apple_MacBook_13_inch_2_26GHz_Unibody_Late_2009_p/mb-13-226-l09w.htm

or this one: What is the difference between the two?
    http://www.macofalltrades.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MB-13-216-M07W

2. scott.n macrumors 6502

This is the Mac Pro forum. You might want to request that this thread be moved to one of the MacBook forums or the Buying Advice forum.

Between the two computers you linked to, I would recommend the first (late 2009, $599) if you intend for it to last a while. It can run the latest operating system, it uses faster, newer, and cheaper RAM, it has almost a year of AppleCare remaining (if the description is accurate), has a higher quality unibody construction, and it has a much better graphics card. The other MacBook (mid 2007, $349) is decent, though - I have the late 2007 model, and it's still being used by my parents.

However, if your budget allows, you can pick up a refurbished 13" MacBook Pro or MacBook Air from Apple for between $800 and $900. (I'd recommend 2011 or later.) It's hard to go wrong with those deals.

3. seablue thread starter macrumors regular

oops... I did post this in the wrong forum. My fault for not reading it better.
    Thanks for the info tho. Can't afford the 900.00 one right now.