Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

da2005pizimp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Hi folks, I need some advice. I have posted this before but have a differnt approach on things. Here is the just of it, i have been selling clamshells for a long time now and i have a guy that wants to buy 15 of them he wants tiger installed on them as well. He is a teacher and is going to use them in the school, he is doing this on his own. My question is can i install Tiger Family Pack on them? they will be used in a non-commercial place like the website says. I just don't want any trouble and i'm a very honest person ( my momma made me that way) any and all help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
If you want to be squeaky clean, this license won't work for you. It's only for residential, not educational, use. The details from Apple are:

A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that same household. By "household" we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home or condominium, but shall also extend to student members who are primary residents of that household but residing at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.

The teacher may be able to get a deal through the Apple education store, though.

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
da2005pizimp said:
i called apple a few days ago and no one had any idea what i was talking about they just wanted to sell me an ipod.

Go ahead with it. They don't track these things and it's not like you're killing anyone. There's a reason the teacher is coming to you, so the way I see it is:

1. Advise him of the license restrictions, and if you're uncomfortable with it, draw up a paper releasing you and have him sign it.

--or--

2. Have him contact Apple and see what kind of a deal he can get, but I imagine the school is strapped otherwise he'd be ordering through the school.

--or--

3. Be a good citizen and help out our country's future leaders.

The choice is entirely up to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.