Help with tilted iphone after pwnage 2.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mariobenedeti, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mariobenedeti macrumors newbie

I did everything as it was instructed... Now it keeps blinkig a pineapple and it isn't detected by iTunes!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

2. archesdevil macrumors 6502

archesdevil

3. mariobenedeti thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe the part that was supposed to detect "boot loaders" didn't come through... But how do I sync my iPhone if it isn't detected by iTunes?

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I'm kind of curious about this too, my version of Pwnage didn't ask for the bootloader files either. Luckily I haven't applied the firmware to the phone yet. Just try restoring it with a standard Apple firmware in DFU mode.

5. mariobenedeti thread starter macrumors newbie

iTunes doesn't recognize my iPhone... so I can't do that! The computer won't even recognize the phone.. not even trough blue tooth.:confused::confused:

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Can you even put it in DFU mode? Have you tried?

7. mariobenedeti thread starter macrumors newbie

8. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Well... you can't downgrade if you can't get the option to restore. I'd say just restore the non-custom firmware to the one you had on your phone when you got it (e.g. if you were unlocking a 1.1.4 iPhone, load Apple's 1.1.4 firmware and not the custom load.)

9. mariobenedeti thread starter macrumors newbie

I restored it to version 2.0.. now I need to unlock it in order for it to function in Mexico... can you recommend a good link for the instructions

10. mariobenedeti thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for all your help... Everything went just fine!!!! Just one last question... Can I download the new applications from iTunes or do I have to download them directly from the iPhone's browser?

11. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan