Help with Time Capsule and restoring

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Blind Fool, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Blind Fool macrumors newbie

I've a problem that after scouring Google and the forums here I can't seem to find an answer to and I hope someone knows.

I want to restore multiple files from various folders (although all in the same parent location) from multiple backups on my Time Capsule.

The issue is that I am an amateur photographer and over the last year or so have been deleting the RAW files as I've finished editing, however with hindsight I should have kept them. Now I know 99% are on my Time Capsule somewhere as I'm meticulous about backups.

I can search each date and recover the missing folders, however this could take me days if not weeks to complete.

Does anyone know a quicker way to sort this, I've tried using spotlight to find all *.CR2 file types in the Time Capsule but it never finds any (might be user error as I'm not overly great with computers).

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Restore the entire parent location to a temporary location, then you can extract the files you need & delete whatever is left when you're done.