Help with tmobile edge setting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ogdt68, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ogdt68 macrumors newbie

I need help with my cellular data network. Like I wrote in a previous post, my edge setting is not very stabble. I had wap.voicestream.com in my APN address and that worked for a little, but once I got on wifi and then went back to edge it wouldn't work. Then I called tmobile and they told me to type in internet2.voicestream.com in my APN address. That works for like 30 mins and then craps out on me. If i restart my iphone the edge comes back on, but anyone know what I can do to make my edge more stable without restarting my iphone all the time?????

2. jeppy macrumors newbie

Edge problems, email works but nothing else.

I am having similar issues with Edge. Since Xmas 2007 everything has worked fine and then suddenly a couple days ago for both my wife and I it stopped working except for with email. We cannot use Google Maps, web pages, stocks, weather... :eek:

We use wap.voicestream.com

Help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

3. nowayjoze macrumors newbie

Yup, same here. What are you guys running? I still have 1.1.4...don't want to upgrade because I only have the 4gb version and 2.0.0 takes up a lot of space from what I understand.

Not sure what's going on :confused:

Attached Files:

4. jeppy macrumors newbie

Still on 1.1.4

Yes, we are both still running 1.1.4- I wonder if T-mobile is learning and has decided to 'limit' the internet usage. We can still get email so it is OK for the most part for me as I am by a computer most of the time but I might have to change my wife's ... we'll see what happens on our new plan month (we roll over on the 8th). If they really are limiting, that is tacky - for the money they charge, they should give away the data services, it doesn't cost hardly anything compared to the voice.

5. wenglish macrumors member