Help with Toast/Burning video ts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trippr, Jan 26, 2008.

1. trippr macrumors member

trippr

Hello peeps,

I am having trouble burning a video TS folder.. i try it in Toast and it tells me it is encrypted.. and that DVD decryption software is not included in this software..

Any idea what prog i can use to burn this??

Thanks in advance

2. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Use Handbrake to convert to video, then try to burn. If it is encrypted, you may have to use mactheripper to de-encrypt it.

3. trippr thread starter macrumors member

trippr

any idea if there is a prog that will de-encrypt it and burn at the same time? i dont really wana play around with converting it.. takes to long

cheers

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

5. trippr thread starter macrumors member

trippr

cheers.
    its not a dvd that i want to decrypt tho. i already have the video ts folder on my mac, i just want to burn it to dvd.

so i think im lookin for some different software than toast that will burn video ts folders.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

7. trippr thread starter macrumors member

trippr

cheers, but again i this looks like conversion software, is there any other burning programs out there that might burn my video TS folder?

8. pfcurtis macrumors newbie

You do not need a third party program to burn the Video TS and Audio TS files to a DVD.
    OSX has the function built in, but it is not very obvious.
    Assuming that you have a group of VOB files (and all the other required files) in a Video TS folder. Open up the finder to show the Video TS folder.
    Then insert a blank DVD in the computer drive and wait for the message box to appear. Select the open finder window option and you will have a new finder window for the DVD drive. Drag the Video TS and Audio TS (If there is one) folders from the first finder window into the new DVD window. This copies all the files.
    The last step is to click on the "Burn" button in the corner of the DVD window.
    The burn starts and appears to be a two pass process with verify. Assumming that you have good files and a good DVD, you should have a playable DVD.

9. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I am a bit confused so excuse me BUT although you say you don't want to decrypt it, there is no program that will successfully burn a VIDEO_TS folder if it IS encrypted/protected. That is the point of encrypting/protecting the original material after all.

If Toast is giving you that message in error (say the DVD in question is one you created yourself via iDVD etc) then your Toast must suffer from an incompatibility with your hardware, perhaps being too old a version, etc.

If the DVD in question is a commercially produced disk, it will almost certainly be encrypted/protected and your solution will have to involve removing the protection to make one copy for backing up your disk.

10. brent0saurus macrumors regular

brent0saurus

dvd2onex will burn video ts folders. i used to have it but lost it on a clean install :(
    now i've been trying toast and always get errors.

here's the link: http://www.dvd2one.com/