help with tomato torrent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kenzie51, Feb 12, 2010.

1. kenzie51 macrumors newbie

i have downloaded tomato torrent and put it in my app folder. then i downloaded a torrent and placed it in the download torrent to here folder. i had limewire and for some reason when i downloaded the torrent it automaticlly saved it as a limewire type of file, i think. the download itself had a picture of the limewire logo on the icon. so, i deleted my limewire and re-downloaded the torrent and now it is just a plain file picture icon. so i dropped it in the download torrent to here folder, but it still says "please wait" and "getting torrent info", and this is all it does. what is wrong?

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Limewire might still be the default application so you need to change that.

Right click on the file and select get info:
    1. Make sure that the file extension reads .torrent
    2. Make sure that it you have tomato selected as the open with application
    3: Click the change all button

3. kenzie51 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, you were right, it wasn't set to open with tomato, so i followed your directions and now have the tomato picture icon.

however, it still does the same thing.

4. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

The .torrent file only contains information on how to to connect to the torrent.
    It needs to be downloaded through Tomato. Either double click the torrent to open it with tomato, or open tomato and open the torrent file.

In the tomato settings, there will be an option to change where the file downloads to. My guess is the default folder is user>documents>tomato downloads