help with trackpad multitouch

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kabooya, Nov 2, 2008.

1. kabooya macrumors newbie

does anyone else get weird responses to the multitouch features. i think its because im not 100% sure what im doing. for example. when i do the four fingers down, all the apps i have open dont come up. it worked the first day, but now the main window just shifts a little down (itunes and other apps dont come up). and the four finger swipe to the right/left: lets say im on itunes and i want to switch to safari. i 4 finger swipe, click on safari, but nothing happens. is my mac broken or am i just doing something wrong

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

make sure you are only using one hand on or near the trackpad. the trackpad seems to be a bit overly sensitive to touch anywhere near it, like on the wrist rest areas. also, if you're used to keeping your thumb on the button, try lifting it off as you make gestures. the extra touch seems to confuse the trackpad. YMMV.

3. kabooya thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah that was part of it. i was also messing around with spaces too. i think its b/c i had spaces enabled. i didnt even know how to use spaces so i just took it off and it seems good now. thanks