Help with trackpad

Discussion in 'iMac' started by alectheking, Oct 14, 2010.

1. alectheking macrumors 6502a

My magic trackpad is now acting dumb and everytime I use the 2 finger scroll, it automatically goes to the bottom right corner, and when I scroll up it goes to top left corner. I have had no problems with it for months, and nobody has had access to my computer. Its a major pain in the ass because when scrolling itunes it goes fully right so I cant see any song names.

2. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

It sounds like you haven't done any trouble shooting, if not how about restarting the computer to begin with. Next do a SMC reset and if that doesn't do it try resetting the PRAM.

3. alectheking thread starter macrumors 6502a

You know what i think i narrowed it down to? its itunes 10.1 beta 2. it scrolls to bottom right and top left using my magic trackpad. Also, when trying to change the album name, itunes constantly quits on me.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

Sometimes my system acts wild with the Magic Trackpad on and it seems to be some conflict b/w the trackpad and the mouse. Maybe something about managing between the bluetooth device and the wired mouse.
    It never lasts long though, but there are some tiny bugs like this.

5. Peruvian macrumors regular

Peruvian

Every now and again when using my trackpad, it goes to the bottom right corner... I dont have the mouse connected.. it must be a bug which will get sorted out no doubt..

6. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

always remember the magic trackpad is very new and might have some bugs
    but it can be setup under system preferences and maybe the bugs eliminated from there
    dont have one because apple doesn't offer it with usb connection and i am old fashioned
    and still would prefer everything with more then a simple mouse function with a wire

7. gelinasbrian macrumors member

gelinasbrian

Check the setting for the Magic Trackpad, maybe something was accidentally changed?

8. krisfields macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - pretty sure it's a bug with iTunes 10.1 beta 10, because the issue started with this version and doesn't show up anywhere else on my Mac.

Hopefully the final release will fix the bug.

9. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

The bug is still present in the final release - at least for me.
    When I scroll down in a list it always also moves the list to the farest right point even though I only do a vertical movement on the Tragic Mac Pad :apple::apple: