iPad mini Help With Transferring a Removed iPhone App to my New iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ElGuapo1972, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ElGuapo1972 macrumors newbie

I've been using the iPhone app AppShopper for a long time on my iPhone and I absolutely love it. A few days ago I purchased a new iPad Mini and began backing it up on my PC. As I was adding my previously purchased apps to my new device I noticed that AppShopper was not available in my iTunes list of previously purchased apps. Upon further investigation I found that Apple had removed the app from the app store. My question is whether there is any way that I can get AppShopper from my iPhone to my iPad Mini? It seems that since it's my app there must be some way I should be able to do it in spite of the fact that Apple doesn't support it any longer in the App Store.

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

If you back up your phone on your computer it should be listed in the apps sections of iTunes, which should allow you to transfer that app to your mini. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't be able to download the app straight of off your ipad thought. You may be looking at the ipad version on your ipad though, there usually is an ipad and iphone version of apps. You have to purchase both versions most of the time.

3. ElGuapo1972 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. I've backed up my iPhone to my computer and I can see AppShopper listed as an app in the area that displays your iPhone screen, however, under the listed apps it is not there. The only reason that I can assume that this is the case is because it is no longer permitted in the app store. Seems like I should be able to somehow get a copy of the app from my iPhone into my iPad mini.

4. ElGuapo1972 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If you've never deleted it from your iTunes Apps section, it should still be there and you should be able to connect your iPhone and drag the app to it. If it is no longer there, then there is nothing else you can do.

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

if it's still on your iphone you might be able to use an app like phoneview or ifunbox to copy it to the computer and then to the iPad