Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericc22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Greetings,

In trying to fix the problem with uControl caused by upgrading to 10.3.8, I made it worse!

I tried the fix at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1119697&group_id=87303&atid=582661. After entering everything into terminal the last 2 lines produced a strange behavior:

----
Eric-Cohens-Computer:~/Desktop/ucontrolfix/ucontrol1.4.4/src Eric$ make
-bash: make: command not found
Eric-Cohens-Computer:~/Desktop/ucontrolfix/ucontrol1.4.4/src Eric$ sudo make install
Password:

----

So then I got smart. I figured I'd uninstall uControl, and then install it again, and start over again cleanly. Duh! I found that with 10.3.8 installed, I can't even install the broken uControl, so now I can't even try the fix. Doh!

Can anyone help? Basically, I am on 10.3.8, wanting uControl, and I can't install it. Any suggestions? Do I have to just wait for the update? I fear that might be a while....

Thanks for any and all help!

Eric

ericc22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Thanks! Now of course the next question, how do I do that?! And that will then let me reinstall uControl?

I'll do some googling but if anyone has some hints, that would be great! (I am not computer knowledgeable, and am also new to Macs, so go easy on me....)

Thank you!

Eric

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.