Help with unlocking iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rscaggs, Oct 13, 2010.

1. rscaggs macrumors newbie

I bought an iphone 4 tonight and i have at&t go phone sim card. I put in the sim and it shows no bars for signal and i cant call or text so i am presuming that it needs to be unlocked. I dont have the usb for it-so is there anyway i can unlock it since i cant get on the web with the phone? Am I going to need to find someone with a contract plan at&t and use their sim long enough to get on the internet on the phone and unlock it? I have really never had a phone this nice, and i really hope i didnt get a phone i cant use...ty in advance :D

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

it should work w/ the prepaid sim card (if the iPhone was bought in the US). Most likely you didn't cut the sim card properly.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You dont need to unlock a US iphone to use a prepaid AT&T sim. It will work without JB or unlocking.
    Like said above you probably didnt cut the sim right so the phone is not reading it.
    You can also go to AT&T and buy a prepaid microsim so you dont mess with trimming another one.