Help with uploading pictures and remembering passwords in MSN messenger.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hillyhb, Jan 5, 2009.

1. hillyhb macrumors newbie

Hello, I recieved my Macbook this morning and am so far very pleased with it although just need a little bit of help.

In messenger I've tried changing my profile picture by uploading a picture that I had in iphoto but it says it cant use that picture it needs to be a different format. The picture is a jpg.

Also, when I click on the mail tab in messenger it consistently asks me for my MSN passwrod. If I click back after reading a message it also asks me to enter in my password again.

Hope you can help me, am a complete mactop novice!

2. Esulatell macrumors member

Well for the password thing there is an option underneath the area you type in your email address and password which enables MSN to remember them (Its the option just underneath the password box).

But as for the picture why not try a converter?
    http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphics/NF-Image-Converter.shtml

Or try this:
    Open your contact list.
    Click the area where your display picture is or should be.
    Click on "Change display picture..."
    Click the small + symbol at the bottom left of the window.
    Find the image you want to use. (I recommend dragging the image from iPhoto to your desktop first then selecting it from the desktop).
    The picture you picked should appear in the "Preview" window, if it does click "OK" and your done. :)

If that does not work though try the converter and repeat that process with the converted photo. :)