Help with User Accounts on MB Air

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ironmanjrh, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ironmanjrh macrumors newbie

Hi Mac friends! This is my first post here...and really need your help. Sorry if it's long or in the wrong forum.
    I bought a macbook air used, running 10.5 and right away upgrated to 10.6 Note: The only account on it was the administrator account. I was previously on a 13" macbook unibody running 10.6 I am going to give my unibody to my wife and migrate over to the air.

I attempted to use migration assistant. I tried wireless migration and received the "network error" message so gave up on that and instead used time machine backed up on an external drive. I hooked my time machine external drive to the MB Air and started the migration. It moved along for a while and got hung up with 49 minutes remaining.

I found that others had the 49 minute issue and were able to force quit and restart and then the migration would resume but it didn't resume. It created another user account instead. Since it didn't finish the migration this user account only had a limited amount of the migration so I wanted to DELETE this user account and start over. However, when I log into the original administrator account, go into system preferences, user accounts...I can ONLY see the administrator account. I don't see the half completed migration account so I can't delete it. When I log out of administrator and look at the half completed migration account, I can see my administrator user account.

So I have this half completed migration account and want it deleted. Any ideas???

(note, I set up the original administrator account with my email, settings and preferences so this is the one I want to keep, and I want to delete the new half migrated account).

Again, apologies for this being so long. It's hard to explain. :)
    Jeremy

2. mcruzader macrumors regular

I would just do a fresh install and start from scratch.