Help with using iPhoto albums for desktop background pictures

Discussion in 'macOS' started by InfoTime, Aug 11, 2010.

1. InfoTime macrumors 6502

I have a client who likes to have her desktop background picture change every 5 seconds. This is easy to set up. I go to System Preferences and pick the choices accordingly. The pictures are selected from an iPhoto album. This works fine except when you add more pictures to that album.

I can't figure out the exact sequence needed to get it to pick up the new pictures. If you look soon after you add them to the album in iPhoto you won't see them in the little thumbnails in the System Preferences panel - you'll only see the thumbnails of the pics you had before.

After fiddling with it a bit I can get the new pictures to show up and display on the desktop as needed. But, not sure what fiddling I did to make it happen.

It may have been a log-off and log-on that was needed. Maybe a reboot is required. I need to know so I can instruct the user on how to do it herself.

Anyone know how this gets updated?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You've probably answer your own question. Add some photos. If they don't appear, try a log off/log on. If they still don't appear, try a reboot.